Adult Cardiac Surgery
.;The adult cardiac surgery department includes an elite group of cardiac surgery consultants from inside and outside the Kingdom assisted by a selected group of skilled technicians and nursing staff. The cardiac Surgery Department in SBCC characterized by performing all traditional and advanced cardiac surgeries using the strictest quality and medical safety standards with high rates of success that almost exceed published benchmarks. The cardiac surgery department do surgery in two highly equipped open heart operating rooms and working with digital technology, and a third operating room for minor procedures.
The Department of Cardiac Surgery provides a daily service around the clock to follow up patients after surgery and outpatient clinics for management and follow-up of patients before and after surgery.
The cardiac surgery department services include:
- All kinds of coronary artery surgeries.
- All kinds of cardiac valve surgeries.
- Aortic surgery.
- ECMO services and mechanical circulatory support devices.
- Ventricular assist Devices for chronic heart failure patients.
- The Department of Cardiac Surgery is also working to develop its performance in proportion to the needs of the eastern region and the neighboring Gulf states, and soon it begins performing heart transplant surgeries as the first cardiac center in the eastern region that performs this type of surgery.