What should you do after a heart catheterization?
You must adhere to the following three-day guidelines after making a catheter:
- You should pray on a chair and avoid praying on the floor if the catheter is from the femoral artery.
- You can shower with running water on the day after the catheterization, without rubbing the area of the catheterization and drying it well after bathing, and keeping it dry and clean.
- Do not apply any cream or paint to the catheterization area.
- Do not drive a car.
- You can climb up the stairs but slowly.
- Do not carry heavy objects or engage in violent activities
Refer to the nearest emergency department in the following cases:
- Increase in temperature.
- Pain, numbness, swelling or severe cyanosis in the catheterization area.
- When sudden bleeding occurs from the catheterization area