We are Saud AL Babtain Cardiac Center always seeks to develop and expand our therapeutic and diagnostic options to maintain leadership excellence and to keep up with the transformation goals of our healthcare.
Structural heart disease program requires commitment and dedication, dedication to excellence, dedication to bring new therapy to patients.
For many years, open-heart surgery was the only options for heart valves and heart defects. With structural heart disease program, we can now replace or repair heart valves or close holes in the heart in the Cath lab without surgery with the help of team of interventional cardiologist, surgeons, cardiac imaging, and electrophysiologist working together.
Impact of the program:
- Shorten of the recovery period.
- Reduced hospital stay.
- Lower risk of infections.
- Reduced trauma caused to chest by surgery.
- Alternative treatment for those not suitable for surgery due to advanced age and morbidities.
Starting a structural heart disease program is expensive but we quickly made it efficient and profitable.
- We invested in the right team: with competent passionate cardiologist and surgeons and we matched them with highly skilled multidisciplinary team.
- We knew our plan purpose: so we established specific guideline driven clinical pathways to drive quality and efficiency of care.
- We developed KPI to track our successes and our setbacks.
- We developed specific clinic for structural heart disease to reach a broader eligible patient and extending their lives and improving their health for years to come.
- We defined, reviewed our processes to create efficiencies for the program to start gaining momentum.